Knights In Sudbury Since 1909
The Knights of Columbus, Father Brian McKee Council 1387, has been involved in our Community, since 1909, contributing to many charities, organizations and individuals, in their time of need, regardless of their colour or creed.
From one Council in 1909 to 20 Councils established throughout the Greater Sudbury Area, we are proud of our many accomplishments, proud of being part of our community.
The year was 1882, a young priest at St. Mary’s Church, new Haven Connecticut, Father Michael J McGivney, realizing that the Irish Catholic families, widows and orphans in the community lived in severe poverty, mainly because of discrimination and neglect, called the men of his parish to form a committee.
It was March 29, 1882, a historic day, the 29 year old Parish Priest with 27 men established the Knights of Columbus to address these needs.
To-day the Knights of Columbus, worldwide have almost 2,000,000 members forming councils in many countries including Canada, U.S.A., Mexico, Poland, Philipines, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerta Rico, and Panama.
In the past year, Knights of Columbus members from around the world have contributed to charities in their communities totaling almost $150,000,000 dollars with millions of volunteer hours.
In the Greater City of Sudbury, 2500 members in approximately 20 Councils are proud members of the Knights of Columbus.
These dedicated and hard working Catholic Gentlemen are involved daily assisting many charities and projects throughout the area. Whether it’s the local food bank, Inner City Home, The Soup Kitchen, “The Blue Door Café”, Breakfast Program for School Children, Bursaries, Scholarship Funds, The Grotto, Anishinabe Spiritual Centre, Lion’s Club/MCTV Telethon, Camp Quality, Organ Donor Awareness Walk, Salvation Army; the Knights are there assisting financially as well as volunteering their services.
Call 705-920-2080 For More Information